PRS SE Mark Holcomb 6 String Electric Guitar
- Choose the product you want and add it to your cart.
- Proceed to checkout and fill out a short form.
- Click on "Tap Payment," and a secure window will pop up.
- Select Tabby as your payment option within the pop-up.
- Enter your mobile number and receive an OTP code.
- Complete additional verification, such as providing your EID & other details.
- Enter your Full Name and perform ID Verification.
- Finally, press "Buy Now" to complete the purchase.
The PRS SE Mark Holcomb solidbody electric guitar was engineered to be an affordable way to nail the prog-metal tones of Holcomb's band Periphery. This highly specialized electric guitar boasts features that help Holcomb excel at his technical playing style, such as a proprietary fixed bridge and a 20" fretboard radius.
Mark Holcomb of Periphery's Signature SE
The PRS SE Mark Holcomb solidbody electric guitar was engineered to be an affordable way to nail the prog-metal tones of Holcomb's band Periphery. This highly specialized electric guitar boasts features that help Holcomb excel at his technical playing style, such as a proprietary fixed bridge and a 20" fretboard radius. The 25.5"-scale-length maple neck with an ebony fingerboard adds punch and clarity to the tone. The headstock has been redesigned to now sport Paul Reed Smith's signature, adding extra "cool" factor. And the Holcomb SE is outfitted with a pair of his signature Seymour Duncan pickups that retain clarity, even in high-gain situations.
Paul Reed Smith Mark Holcomb Signature SE Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Specialized for the needs of Mark Holcomb
- A fast feel for progressive players
- Muscular but clear tones
Specialized for the needs of Mark Holcomb
The guitar playing in Periphery is quickly becoming the standard for today's progressive metal, and Mark Holcomb is a lot of the reason why. His style combines exotic note runs, intense jack-hammer riffing, and fluty single-note melodies, and he needs a guitar that can deliver on all fronts. While his Maryland-made signature model has been a huge hit for PRS, this SE model makes his signature instrument attainable for a much wider audience. We're huge fans of Mark's playing and have enjoyed having him here at Sweetwater on multiple occasions.
A fast feel for progressive players
Every aspect of the SE Mark Holcomb solidbody electric guitar has been crafted to allow an unrestricted playing experience that craves high-speed fretwork. The maple neck is capped with a beautiful piece of ebony that feels sleek under your fingers, while its 20" fretboard radius aids in wide bends and nimble string-to-string playing. The neck also boasts PRS's famed wide-thin neck carve that is full enough to remain comfortable, but thin enough for you to fly up and down the frets.
Muscular but clear tones
The engines that make the SE Mark Holcomb run are its duet of Mark Holcomb signature Alpha and Omega Seymour Duncan passive humbucking pickups. Each pickup was designed to achieve a very specific result. The Omega bridge pickup is focused and aggressive in the mids and lows for plenty of punch, while retaining enough highs to ensure high-gain note clarity. The Alpha neck pickup combines the fat and glassy sounds of other neck humbuckers with plenty of pick attack and clear fretting-hand phrasing. And a push-pull tone knob adds single-coil type tones to the guitar's voice.
Paul Reed Smith Mark Holcomb Signature SE Electric Guitar Features:
- Signature model for Periphery's Mark Holcomb
- Updated headstock design
- Mahogany body with beautiful quilt maple top
- Holcomb signature Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega humbucking pickups
- 25.5" scale adds note definition and low-tuning stability
- Fixed-bridge design aids in solid tuning under heavy playing
- Push-pull tone knob accesses single-coil-style tones
- Sleek-feeling ebony fretboard caps a maple set neck
- Comes from the factory in Drop C tuning
|PRS SE Mark Holcomb 6 String Electric Guitar
|Top & Back Wood
|Quilted Maple veneer / Mahogany
|Top & Back Finish
|Gloss Acrylic Urethane
|.010-.052 (tuned C, G, C, F, A, D)
|Numbers of Strings
|Blue Pearl Fade Metallic Finish
|Country of Origin